Monday, April 1, 2013

Casey Jones - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Hi all, Ive got a new commission to show. I was approached by someone a while back whom had interest in commissioning a Casey Jones Mask for Wondercon.

The client was unsure of which version he had so I had to recommend taking a look at Dave Rapoza's fantastic concept art


I really sold the idea to him a little while later when I created a concept renders for him in zbrush.


the first step was to do the unwrapping for pepakura,


From this point the mask was reinforced with urethane resin, I used smooth cast to reinforce the interior of the pepakura. With a master I like to build up the thickness of the interior of the pepakura so I can sand the peaks of the pep down.

the mouth was too long for the client so it was trimmed to fit the proportions of his face better

after a great deal of bondo, sanding, and more bondo
and primered

some more contouring and here is a quick shot of the client testing it


heres a final shot before molding


ill post a pic of the molding later

final product after airbrushing









happy customer 


1 comment:

  1. Looking to get this pepakura file if at all possible.You do good work, its awesome. Thanks if you can do that.

    ReplyDelete